Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Sometimes the best things in life are worth waiting for! I had found a piece of Paradise!

We have found a piece of paradise and so I named this island PARADISE ISLAND!

If there were any people living here...we could not see them. Only one afternoon here but I wanted to stay a little longer:(
We are rushing as usual:(...
 We had promised ourselves that this trip to Indo we were not going to rush! Last year, our Indo trip was a mad rush to get to Playground surf spot and back within a month as we had Louie and his crew Travis and Vince aboard and they had deadlines to fly home. And now- we are spending only a night here and there at each anchorage as we are rushing to get to Nias to fetch our guest who is arriving in less than a week and we have quite a distance to sail still. Plus we have to head to a small port called Sibolga to check into Indonesia. Poor Barbara Ann...they came to Indo with us and have found themselves in a tornado of drop anchor and pick up anchor:)

<><>
<>
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Jackie and Jack our wonderful friends from Barbara Ann!


Cody and Caden fill the duck with petrol as the sun goes down in Paradise...

Cally and Austin having fun!

Today we have caught 0 fish:( Jack on Barbara Ann and the other boat that is moving with us Barro, have both caught! One was a spanish mackeral of 10kgs and the other was a Wahoo! wahoooooo! I wanna catch a fish too:)!
cody loving being IN the water not ON it:P




I still have to carry on telling you about Turtle island! ...but first I must make the family some lunch!




Well it is much later and we have already eaten dinner! We had a lovely evening with our friends from the other two boats who came over and very kindly shared their fresh fish with us:)) We braaied the fish and it was soooo delicious!




We have finally found Paradise!! Hence the name I have named this island- Paradise Island:) Of course these islands have their own names but as they are almost uninhabited, I am renaming them on my journey of island discoveries!:) This island is truly the most beautiful place I have ever been too! We have anchored our yacht in about 7 m of water and are so close to shore that we can swim there in a flash! I dived overboard as soon as the anchor had dropped!

cally our angel:)))


Nothing like a little wakeboarding in the middle of nowhere...

The sea is crystal clear!! Transparent translucent pale blue with a white sandy bottom:) It is has a soft, milky, silky feel on my skin:) I loved my photos of this place... Caden had an awesome time! He skimboarded on the white sandy shores and then he got his mali board and caught little waves:) Not to be outdone, Cody dragged Brent off on the duck to wakeboard! I think that this is the time our new friends on Barro whom at this stage we did not know very well, decided that it was time to quietly slip away from Us:) It was like a water park in the middle of no-where!! Me scrounging the beaches for the prettiest shells, Caden wohooing his way on little perfect waves, Cody and Brent roaring up and down on the dingy while wakeboarding the smooth aqua waters:) Eventually I gave up on Brent joining me on the beach and I swam my camera back in a drybag because I discovered that Paradise had its own set of sand fleas!! And they bite really sore!! As the sun popped its fat golden body into the ocean, the sand fleas or miggies or midges...popped out of nowhere and started to nip and bite me!
Hence the pained expression on my face:)


Cody whooping in joy as he gets active!

We all had big plans to wake up early with the sun and have last minute swims and dives before we tore ourselves away from this spot and headed on  to make it to our next anchorage before dark. What a privilege this is to witness such beauty:)))




No comments: