Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Searching for Fish and Surf:)








It is now time to sail to the other side of Sumatra and start hunting for Waves!!! To get there , we have to take Micah through a pass or a gap between islands. It is a tricky one because there is such a current swirlying through this pass and depending on the tides, boats can either go against it or with it...







I am soooo disapppointed because we have not caught any fish for two days now! The other day, I was alone on deck while we were sailing, and suddenly one of the fishing lines just went OFF!!! I screamed and shouted for help! That sound of the line going just thrills me!I did not want to take the rod out of its holder just in case I got PULLED into the sea and no-one saw me...By the time Brent came out, the line had gone quiet-the lure was GONE!Snapped off..the pin had bent straight.ahhhhhhhh! It must have been a BEEEGIE!

Last Year's Beegies that  NEVER got away:)







Since then we have had many schools of dolphins swim with us on both the day and night sails:) Most of them have been small but now- a school of large dolphin graced us with their magical presence.


Right now-I am loving life:)I am sitting alone in the shade of the sail with only the sound of the wind whooshing past my ears...The sea is calm and deep blue and peaceful. Looking up, I see the raked cloud formations indicating high winds and possible rain and storms. We have been warned of the unpredictable weather this time of year in Indo. I feel good that we are travelling with another boat:)


Barbara-Ann





No comments: